Tuesday, November 30, 2010

power


Jesus.
In the midst of cuddle season, I find a significant amount of people around me to be single. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with this but what bugs me is the seeping sense of desperation I get from some of the single ladies I choose to surround myself with. So ladies, this one is for you.
The second wave of the women’s liberation movement started 50 years ago but was left unfinished. We’ve somehow worked to break the feminine mystique, but we can’t shake the feeling that we NEED a boy to keep us sane. There’s something about a break-up that leaves some girls completely.. crazy. Yeah. Sorry, there’s no better word for it.
I can say from experience that some girls who’s company I enjoy have seemed to go completely nuts. It seems like without a man by their side, they’ve lost themselves, gone against their morals, chased impossible men, made uncalculated risks, etc. Things they would have never done while with their ex-idiot.
I know the feeling. You’re lost, you need love, you feel like you don’t know who you are.. we’ve all gone through it before but I think we are at an age where we can grow up and be aware of the fact that we are loved, and we are fun, beautiful, wonderful people and we don't need some stupid boy to verify that.
So ladies, have fun. Drink with your girls until the sun comes up, focus on yourself, date around (but DON’T go after boys that are taken, especially your friends boyfriend), and if that boy you are talking to doesn’t hit you up to say goodnight, shake it off. If he disagrees with something you do, fuck him. It’s not that serious anyway. And you deserve better.
xx, loveLC

No comments:

Post a Comment