Thursday, September 20, 2012

inked.


There's a beauty in the simplicity of penmanship. I think these days we get so lost in the momentum of our fast moving lives and we forget about how little things like a handwritten letter from a good friend can make you feel. To be quite honest, I doubt many of us nowadays have given or received a handwritten letter in years! I can bet on that! With Facebook and email it's so much easier to keep up with your friends lives (whether they are aware of it or not).

I often donate to non-profit wildlife and environmental organizations and ever since I've been receiving solitications from environmental groups I didn't know existed until they started spamming my mailbox with complementary calendars, address labels, and greeting cards, along with photos of sad animals pleading for my donation. Pretty ironic, in my opinion.

Think I'm exaggerating? Take a look:

And this was just the address labels!
What a better way to make use of this 'free' cardstock then to treat my friends to a handwritten greeting. Lately addressing my friends consisted of more of keyboard strokes as opposed to pen strokes. It was therapeutic and quite the challenge for a young writer such as myself to refrain from smiley faces and "LOL"'s during a cordial greeting to get my point across.







Who's next?

2 comments: