Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fall Back Into Routine

Alas, another summer has come and gone. Summer came and stirred up my life in familiar fashion, another crazy (almost 51/50), spontaneous (so down), and death defying (quite literally!) sunny season exponentially exceeded expectations in the midst of mini shorts, sunblock and the infamous uneven bikini tan. Yuck. And like clockwork, school is back in session. And like clockwork, here I am to tell you I'm back and I'm writing regularly and I'm never leaving again! We'll see how this pans out this year.. anywho..


In case y'all forgot, fall is quickly approaching. There's something so romantic about this time of year when everyone's had enough of summer and it's antics they start getting back into routine of things. Here's a couple things I look forward to in the next couple of months:

-lighting candles
-jackets, scarfs, BEANIES, dark nail polish, nice slacks and basically fall fashion en genereux
-HOT coffee and HOT tea
-crispy mornings (not so excited for the condensation on the windshield though)
-cooking stews and roasts that will warm the whole house
-baking cookies and pumpkin pies
-cooking again in general
-running outside at noon
-saunas and bikram yoga

Of course, I hope I'm not getting too ahead of myself here. After all I still live in California and even though it's been overcast a couple of days this week, it still somehow managed to pull about 80 degrees (F). Ick.


That's it for now!

xx, laura

No comments:

Post a Comment