Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Best of the Best

This month marked my tenth anniversary with a very important person in my life. This person has been with me through literal thick and thins in between and we know each other so well that we complete each other's sentences, know every minute detail about each other's likes and dislikes, and despite the fact that I only see/talk to this person every now and then, when we meet we always show up with the same outfit! 

Happy 10 year anniversary to my best friend Joyce!


It may seem weird that we know the exact date we met each other but it's not really. We met on the first day of high school as two girls who just moved to the suburbs, new in a school full of cliques. We've been through it all and I can honestly say she's really proven to me that she is the BEST BEST BEST friend I've ever had. She's always had my back, and she's never afraid to give it to me straight when I need advice (and even when I don't need it). If you know me, the things I value the most in a person is passion, loyalty, and nonchalant need to express the truth. Anyway, I've burned through quite a few frenemies, but I know Joyce will always be my best friend. She's proven that many times.

In 10 years, one can imagine we've pretty much done it all. Now that we're older, we decided to get fancy and celebrate at a nice restaurant. We went to Il Covo in Los Angeles, an inspired little italian restaurant with the cutest patio I've ever seen. 

I had the Grilled banzino, and Joyce had the squid ink pasta. My branzino (which is just a fancy word for European sea bass) was cooked well and came with a corn salsa with tomatoes and red onion. The corn salsa was amazing for having such simple ingredients. The squid ink pasta on the other hand.. well, let's just say I have quite the obsession for squid ink pasta now. It had generous chunks of crab in it, however the crab was kind of dry. It also had peppers which gave the pasta a nice kick. Highly recommended!


Il Covo
8700 W 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(310) 858-0020  

Reservations recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment