Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm coming home.

My dad sent me a birthday card today, along with a matching necklace and earring set in a style I haven't been interested in since sixth grade. It was a sweet gesture though. It made me feel bad, because it's evident he's trying so hard to stay a part of my life, even though I haven't written to him in ages. It's not that I have a lack of interest in how he's doing, or hold some sort of resentment for him because everything that has happened is now the past. I've just been so busy with work and school and trying to be a good sister and girlfriend and friend that I hardly have time for myself anymore. Everything I do, I do for everyone else. I don't choose to work so much so that I can have money in the bank, and it's evident because I'm still broke. I work so much so that my little brother can have money, so I can help my mother with bills, so I can take care of myself without having to ask for anything from anyone. It's a different kind of independence. I'm just trying to make everyone proud. But I'm too busy trying to make everyone proud that I have no time for everyone.

I ditched my plans today to take a little time to write to my father. I picked out some pictures to send to him and even bought a few books to send him so he's not too bored out there. I miss my dad. And my brother. I wish everyone would come home.

I've got a couple new goals. Hopefully if things go okay, I'll be on my way to France to study abroad by summer 2009. It's something I don't want to miss out on while I'm still in college so I'm pretty excited. By September I'll probably volunteer for the Nike Human Race and by next year I'm hoping to run my own 10k. I would start training now but since I'm turning 21 soon, waking up at 6am to run a few miles is unspeakable for obvious reasons.

I'm going to be more honest about my vegetarianism. Okay, I'll admit it. I haven't been 100% faithful(like you didn't see that coming) but I'm trying my best. I've been eating a lot of seafood which is ironic because I think overfishing is a bigger problem. But damn. Those Koreans and their BBQ - droolsssssss.

xx, loveLC

No comments:

Post a Comment