Saturday, February 1, 2014

reflection

You can't help who you love, and if it were up to me I would love you, just as much as you have loved me. you deserve to be with someone who can give you the world, as you have given me.

I lay awake most nights thinking about the things I've done to you. knowing that i had a chance, and knowing that I blew it.  Knowing we once danced together on affection so high it formed land mass under our feet, and surrounded by understanding so deep, it formed an ocean around us. I cant forgive my self knowing that you are stuck on that island now, alone. And knowing that I was the storm that brought you there.

We both have quite the journey ahead of us, as minutes turn into days turn into months and so on. It pains me to think I won't have you by my side to enjoy these moments with me, but I do know I carry your warmth in my heart along with everyone else's. And as blocks and miles and countries may soon separate us, know that your presence still warms me. And i know I will still warm you too. in your heart and in your mind. I Know this because you do not just live in a world, the world lives in you.

Our time was short. But I'll never be too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment