Monday, January 6, 2014

The Trouble with Everything

Recently, I stumbled on a podcast series called Radiolab that is based out of New York. Upon first listen, it seemed like everything I was looking for at the time. A collection of stories and experiences, well told in good humor and poetic in nature. I was immediately obsessed, and looking to break out of my Joe Rogan Experience listening binge (I used to listen to three podcasts a day. It was bad) I was hooked.

During my marathon listening sessions, I stumbled upon an episode entitled "The Trouble with Everything." The episode starts with writer Jenny Hollowell reading her short story "A History of Everything, Including You." It was a beautiful that isn't a love story. Listen for yourself below.



The whole podcast is based on man's incessant need to understand everything in this universe. It tackles the question of whether or not that is even possible and addresses what happens in man's attempt to understand. It's a harrowing narrative that ultimately solidifies my belief that nothing is certain, we as humans may never understand everything, nothing is in our control no matter how much we try and that the acceptance of these three facts will ultimately give you peace in a reality masked in chaos.


Enjoy.

xx, LC

No comments:

Post a Comment