Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The How-To: Tarantino Stencil

Two of my favorite things would have to be: Tarantino movies and making stencils. I feel as if Tarantino is modern day's Hitchcock, an innovator, a bit of a weird one, with an ability to tell a good story, visually and verbally. So I decided to create a stencil parodying Hitchcock. It's based off of this image:


VIDEO NOTES:

-So on my first try (which is what I recorded in the video) I didn't like the way the stencil came out. So it looks different from the final image in the video because I toyed with it and re-did it over and over again. Which goes to show you, practice makes perfect!
-Use a fresh, sharp X-acto knife to cut your stencil.
-In the video my image is a picture of Tarantino that I edited via Photoshop to make the lines I wanted to stencil more clear. I then inverted it to reduce black (to save ink).

So heres the How-To! Enjoy!



The How-To: Tarantino Stencil from Laura Chau on Vimeo.



xx, LC

No comments:

Post a Comment